26 May 2009

"...sketching NY spots that are part of my life..."

NEW YORK Jorge Colombo, som kommer från Lissabon, berättar mer om hur han använder sin iPhone för att teckna New York-vyer:

The iSketches are drawn on location using an iPhone application called Brushes. No photo references, no tablets, no brushes to wash: just my finger on the tiny touch-screen. Don't even need a proper light: the drawing itself glows in a dark corner. At $4.99, Brushes is a very democratic tool (provided you have an iPhone, sure) and I suspect it'll be to drawing what email was for letter-writing. Something is lost, something is gained.

I only got an iPhone in February 2009, so all this is still very new. It all started when I realized I could draw while night-riding in a car. Soon I found myself sketching NY spots that are part of my life. I've lived in the USA for 20 years and I'm still looking at its urban landscape as if I was discovering it for the first time.

/Gunilla

No comments:

Post a Comment