22 December 2006

Annans framtid: Afrika, MR, demokrati- och klimatfrågor

STOCKHOLM Mer till Peter – som frågade vad Kofi Annan ska göra nu. Så här svarade han själv på frågan "How does a former Secretary-General continue to use, without the bully pulpit, that former status to convey and to give moral leadership to the world?" på presskonferensen häromdagen:

Well, there are many issues which have been of great concern to me over the past 10 years, and I’m not going to drop them because I leave office. I will follow these issues. I would want to work on some of the African issues, some of the human rights and the governance issues, and the global warming issues. I will work with others and speak up from time to time when it’s necessary. I don’t think I’m going to fade away. I will continue to be active in those areas.

/Gunilla

1 comment:

  1. Anade väl att han inte kommer sitta helt still. Och jag antar att det gör väl ont i hjärtat i honom.. liksom i alla hjärtan som kan känna, att det med all säkerhet kommer ett storkrig i Afrika snart. Bedrövligt och en jävla skam att det överhuvudtaget kan och kommer ske.

    hmm...

    Ha nu en riktigt trevlig jul på dig Gunilla.
    Ta hand om dig å dina nära å kära!

    Kram
    /peter madison

    ReplyDelete